First European Alcohol Policy Youth Conference (1st EAPYC)
The idea of the conference was to bring together 100+ young people from across Europe to build capacity to become advocates of a more effective and comprehensive alcohol policy in Europe.
Date: 8th – 14th November 2012
Venue: Bled, Slovenia
Aims and purpose
The first European Alcohol Policy Youth Conference was aiming to:
- raise interest among young people and youth organizations in Europe about alcohol policy,
- empower the participants with the necessary skills and capacities in order to actively promote their views on alcohol,
- engage with these views in the policy-making, by capacitating them to be of influence next to institutions and authorities, as well as for raising awareness next to their constituencies and partners at the local, national or European levels,
- provide the necessary tools and training for participants to be able to conduct community based projects to reduce the alcohol related harm on youth,
- bring their own expertise and best practice and exchange them with the rest of the participants, as well as gain more skills on advocacy and policy-making,
- foster cooperation and networking among the participants and organisations present at the event.